Wednesday, May 10, 2017

The Before.

 
So everyone keeps asking me what our house looks like and I have been the worst home owner ever. I had zero pictures of our house and I honestly still can't remember what our address is. At least now I have some pictures.
 
These before pictures are a little rough. We have a lot of work to do and even since these pictures were taken a few days ago it looks way better!

This front room, particularly the color, is one of the things that I hated most about the house. It is so dang ugly. When we were trying to decide if we wanted to buy the house it was one of the biggest hurdles I had to get over. It is a really good sized room and we feel good about it but it desperately needs to be painted. 
 



The kitchen is pretty good size and in decent condition. You can't really tell from this picture but the countertop is the ugliest thing there ever was. It is like brown and yellow tie dye. Not really ideal. We are trying to figure out a solution to deal with that for the time being because we want to redo the whole kitchen in a little while but we definitely need a temporary solution for the counters.



If you turn around from where I took that kitchen picture there is this other living space. It is kind of awkwardly long and we aren't sure exactly how we will use it. We are thinking we may use half of it for our table and then possibly the other half as a little play area. (and this picture doesn't really show the whole room. It is a lot bigger than this picture makes it look.) 

 
So now I have some pictures of the basement bedrooms. The basement is the bottom of the priority list. We have three bedrooms upstairs so we don't even really plan on going down there much for the time being. But this purple bedroom really needed to be documented...



Now we go upstairs. This is the hall bathroom. Decent but not great. We will hopefully get around to redoing it eventually.
 

 
As I said, there are 3 bedrooms upstairs, two of which have horrible red painted hardwood floor. Why anyone would paint hardwood floor red I will never know. Since I have taken these pictures these rooms are basically completely done being painted and they look so much better. We picked out our carpet yesterday and I can't wait to not have to look at those red floors anymore.




We have a pretty decent yard that isn't in too bad of shape despite the fact that we need to mow the lawn and do some weeding.
 


 
We are also starting a dandelion farm for anyone interested in that...

 
So that is our house. Clearly it needs some work but we think it has pretty good bones. If anyone is really distraught over the fact that we have so much left to do feel free to come help us haha. We will take all the help we can get.

1 comment:

  1. I think your house is beautiful. There is always a room for improvement but it is by no means ugly. I am sure with minor tweaks, it can become your dream house

    ReplyDelete