Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Old Wives Tales

So there are about a million old wives tales that relate to predicting the gender of a baby. Since we aren't finding out the gender I thought it would be fun to list a few of them and see which direction they are pointing.
 
Heartbeat: If the heartbeat is about 140 bpm you are having a girl, if it is below you are having a boy.
 
Girl. Little one's heartbeat has always been above 140
 
Morning Sickness: If you have morning sickness in the first trimester you are having a girl.
 
Boy. I had hardly any morning sickness. #blessed
 
Moody vs Mellow: If you are more moody you are more likely to be having a girl.
 
Girl. I have definitely been more moody than usual especially in the first trimester.
 
How you are carrying: If you are carrying high then you are having a girl. If you are carrying low you are having a boy.
 
Who really knows what that means to say how you are carrying but I think I am carrying high? So girl. Can someone who actually know what that means confirm?
 
Body temperature: If you are colder than normal you are having a boy. If you are warmer than normal then you are having a girl.
 
I feel like this one is a joke because everyone says they get hotter being pregnant so I have definitely been warmer than normal but I am not sure if that one is true. So girl.  
 
Swelling: If your feet and ankles are swelling then you are more likely to have a boy.
 
Boy. My ankles are already getting swollen when I sit at work for a few hours so I can't imagine how they will look in a couple months!
 
Chinese Gender Chart: There is some ancient way of predicting baby's gender based on the month of conception and the mother's age. 
 
Boy. Based on the chart in the link above I am having a boy. 
 
Grand total: Girl - 4 Boy - 3
 
So based on those old wives tales I am having a girl. But I am not sure I really believe them...I guess we will just have to wait until July to find out for sure!
 


 

2 comments:

  1. So interesting! My sister is at 35 weeks and has been freezing her whole pregnancy but is having a girl... These are way cool though! To be honest I'm picturing you with a baby boy but I have no idea why.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was sick sick sick the first trimester and carried high (and HUGE) and I had a boy, so you just never know. ;) The swelling thing is no joke though. We went to Lake Powell when I was 6 months pregnant and I was so hot and I swelled up like crazy. I literally couldn't put my water shoes on and it looked like I had no ankles.

    ReplyDelete