Friday, March 3, 2017

Ultrasound!



Is that not the cutest little foot you have ever seen??

We had our big 20 week ultrasound this week and to say I was freaking out about it would be the understatement of the century. Every night for the past week I would tell Spencer all the things that could go wrong. Like what if our baby only has one leg or its heart doesn’t work right or some other horrible thing. The internet can be super helpful but it has been pretty damaging to my peace of mind when I am constantly reading about all the things that can go wrong during pregnancy. I seriously haven’t gone to an appointment yet and not been worried about hearing the little heartbeat. Basically what I am trying to say is that I was a total stress case before we went to the ultrasound. 

I wish I could say that as soon as I saw our little baby on the screen I felt better but I definitely didn’t. Until the tech had checked off everything on her list I was still nervous. But the baby looked great and there was really no reason for me to be so stressed (which is exactly what Spencer has been telling me).

We had the best ultrasound tech ever! I cannot stop raving about how wonderful she was. First of all, she asked if we wanted to know the gender first thing. We had both totally spaced on telling her that we didn’t want to know so I was super grateful that she asked. She made sure to avoid gender shot the whole time and had us close our eyes when she had to check it so we definitely didn’t find out. Besides being super cautious about the gender she was so kind and explained to us exactly what she was looking at during each part of the ultrasound. It made us feel so reassured that she was being so informative and not just checking things off of her list. I have recently heard some horror stories of techs not being very kind and I was so grateful that we had such an amazing one. 

Our ultrasound took a pretty long time because we apparently have the most active baby on the planet. The little one was wriggling around the whole time and it made it hard to get some of the shots. It was crazy how squirmy it was. I have been feeling it kick so I thought I knew it was pretty active but I had no idea just how much it was actually moving. The doctors have told us it was squirming every time they have listened to the heartbeat but to actually see it was so crazy. We are just hoping the baby mellows out a little by the time it is born.


The baby is also a little bit of a stinker because it was moving the whole time but it would never move its hands away from its face. It is already camera shy even in the womb. The above picture is the best one we could get of its little face and even that is a little creepy. Spencer says it looks like me based on its bone structure but I think he is just full of it. I guess we will just have to wait to meet them to see who it looks like. July cannot come soon enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment