Thursday, October 6, 2016

Preikestolen.

So after we took an overnight train to Stavanger we had a bit of a mishap figuring out our airbnb but we sorted it out and then we were on our way to the best hike in the whole wide world. 

(Which if you know me then you know that if I am praising a hike the it means it must be pretty remarkable.)


Aaaaaaaahhhhhh!!!!

I can not even explain to you how much enjoyment I get from writing this post. That's how good the hike was!!

We started out the day a little disappointed because it was overcast and rainy and we were worried that it would make the hike not as good as we were hoping. But luckily the hike was still amazing.
 and I can only imagine how perfect it would have been without all the fog.

This was the view like 3 minutes into the hike. I am not exaggerting when I say that this is the most beautiful hike I have ever been on. And living in Utah means I have been on a lot of amazing hikes but none can compare to this.




Can you even?!? Just wait!

So the hike was like 6 miles total and it was pretty difficult and honestly I thought about just giving up a few times. I was exhausted from not sleeping on the train the night before and I was, as I previously mentioned, pretty grumpy. Plus the rain made it difficult for me to take too many pictures on the way up but believe me, the pictures from the top make up for it. 



You can see just how foggy it was. And now the moment you have all been waiting for....


This picture makes me so happy and scared all at the same time. Obviously Spencer did not fall off the cliff but I am not sure my heart can handle looking at my husband sitting out on the cliff for too long.

All the other views weren't too shabby either.






Obviously I had to do a flash the U friday. I also didn't realize how close to the edge I was standing...yikes.




I was much happier on the way down so I took a few more pictures. Until it started pouring rain and that was the end of that.







Told you it was the most beautiful hike ever. If this post hasn't made you want to go to Norway to go on this hike then I don't know what is wrong with you. It is the best and was definitely my highlight from Norway.

No comments:

Post a Comment