Thursday, September 15, 2016

Boston.

I don't even know where to start recapping our trip so I guess I will just jump right in. 

We left Salt Lake late Friday night and I was really excited to go but I was also really nervous. There were so many moving pieces that needed to come together for our trip and I was just worried that everything would go right. 

We flew overnight to Boston and we had an 8 hour lay over so Spencer had made a plan for us to leave the airport and explore a little. Boston apparently has no luggage lockers so that meant we each needed to carry both of our backpacks around. Definitely not the best situation, especially after only sleeping like two hours on the plane. Lets just say I was a little bit of a whiner but I really like Boston so I was happy to be back for a quick stop.


Just a little taste of what we look like with our huge backpacks.





We walked a portion of the Freedom Trail starting at Paul Revere's House. 


Honestly Paul Revere's house is the only thing I specifically remember. I was so tired and grumpy that I was carrying two heavy backpacks so I didn't pay that much attention to what I was actually looking at, but at least I took some good pictures.






We ended the Freedom Trail at Boston Commons where we watched the world's largest squirrels and what looked like to be a few drug deals go down. So that was a great time. Then we walked to Shake Shack. (The real reason for the stop haha).


The Shake Shack was further away than we thought and I seriously contemplated just sitting down and living on the sidewalk in Boston forever. I decided that wasn't the best idea and that my cheeseburger would definitely be worth it and it was. Shake Shack is always worth it.

We ate our lunch and then it was time to head back to the airport. Time to go to Iceland!

No comments:

Post a Comment