Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Instagram.

Guys, I love instagram as much as the next person but I am really mad about this whole algorithm thing. 

It won't really effect me because I am not on instagram to make money or anything so it will only lower my self esteem if I get less likes on my pictures. I am mostly mad because instagram is trying to control what is in my feed. If I choose to follow someone on instagram then that means I want to be seeing what they are posting. I don't follow anyone that I don't want to see their pictures. So it is making me really mad that they think they know better than I do what I want to see. Pretty sure I am an intelligent enough person to decide what I do and don't want to see on instagram. I know they are doing this to make money but it is making me so mad that they are trying to control my feed. 

Also, I will not be turning on my post notifications for anyone. I can not have my phone beeping at me all day telling me that every person in my feed has posted a picture. I would go insane. And it would make my life revolve around checking Instagram and I can not have that. 

So I guess what I am saying is that I am mad at instagram and that this change will probably cause me to take a step away from social media. Which may not be a bad thing in the long run but it sure is making me grumpy for right now. 

1 comment:

  1. I agree. If I just want to see pretty images I can use Pinterest. I prefer Instagram because I can see what people I actually know (or don't know personally but like) are posting.

    ReplyDelete