Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Moab

First of all, this inversion has been killing me. Like constant burning itchy eyes and sniffling all the time. So seeing these blue skies in Moab was like the best thing that has ever happened to me. I didn't realize how badly the air was effecting me until I got out of it. So just ignore the muddy water in this picture and focus on the blue skies. 



First off, we went into Arches National Park and hiked to Delicate Arch. I was unpleasantly surprised to discover that there was snow on parts of the trail. For most people that would have been fine but for me with my non-hiking shoes it was a problem. My shoes had zero traction which means I slipped on the snow at least 7 times on this pretty short hike. I looked like the clumsiest person ever.  Let's just say that I am really glad that I will probably never see any of those people hiking ever again. 

Its also embarrassing to mention this in the blog post because I clearly didn't take any pictures of the snow on the trail since I was too busy falling over so there is no evidence that I am not just a spaz.




At least we got a really cute picture. 

After Delicate Arch we went to hike the Devil's Garden trail. We got a little ways down the trail and it was just totally slushy and muddy. We (read me) were unprepared and didn't want to deal with any more slipping and wet feet so we turned around. We had both done this hike before so we weren't too disappointed. 


We rounded out the day by walking around Balance Rock. Maybe this picture will prove that there actually was snow and I am not just a struggler. 

We ate dinner at this little restaurant named Miguel's and if you are ever in Moab you have to eat there. It will make you so so happy and so so full.  


Probably the highlight of the trip for me was completing the #Spannatemplechallenge. We made a goal to go to every temple in Utah and we finally completed it!  Since Monticello is only like 45 minutes from Moab we knew we couldn't miss out on this chance. 

When we started the challenge there were 14 temples in Utah and through the year and a half it took us to complete it there were two more temples in Utah. I will post a little recap with all of our pictures from every temple.


We spent the afternoon doing a few more little hikes/walks to more arches. The arches are seriously so amazing. Also if you look really closely at the next picture you can see some people rock climbing. (they are on the top of the pillar thing)

  



On our way back home on Monday we decided to stop at Dead Horse Point, an amazing overlook of the Colorado River. Spencer was really committed to getting some great video.



To wrap up this slightly rambling blog post, you know I love self timer pictures so here are some lovely self timer photos.  (please ignore the fact that the pictures are totally slanted. Self timer photographers are just not that talented) 





Also, I am going to cheat and count this pictures as part of my 52 week photo challenge (that I obviously fell way behind on). Two of the weeks were nature and outtakes.

So there you have it. 

1 comment:

  1. love this so much! did you go to Corona Arch? that one is my favorite hike in Moab so far! Still so many to try out. This has made Zac and I want to drive down for a day BAD!

    ReplyDelete