Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Frugal February.

A few years ago I made a goal for every month of the year. I really liked that approach to making goals so I decided I would implement it for just a few months of the year. So this month is going to be Frugal February.

Spencer and I have something exciting we are saving up for (details coming soon!) so I want to be extra dedicated to saving. I am not going to spend any money outside of what is necessary. So that means no shopping and I am going to be extra diligent about getting good deals while I am doing grocery shopping and other necessary spending. 

I do have a few caveats to this rule. Every once in a while I can buy myself lunch. Probably less than once a week. I know that may seem silly but when I am at school all day long sometimes I need a little mental break and going to get lunch does that for me. I also have one valentines day decoration I am going to make so that requires me to buy a couple things. But besides that I am not going to buy anything outside of like groceries and gas. 

I am actually pretty excited about this goal. I often don't pay too much attention to my spending but when I really cut back on random purchases it adds up quickly. And I always find it much easier to save when I have something to actually save for and by the end of the month everyone will get to know what we are saving for!

(FYI, we are not saving for a baby. It seems like everyone I know is having a baby right now but not us!)

3 comments:

  1. Please don't say you're moving away. I will cry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please don't say you're moving away. I will cry.

    ReplyDelete