Monday, November 2, 2015

Social Media

Ok, so this post has been written approximately 80 million times but I have to voice my own opinion on this. 

Social media is my favorite. I love instagram and snapchat has really been my jam right now but it has a bad side too. When I see people doing fun things I don't necessarily get jealous but I do have some negative feelings about it. I think I just feel left out. 

The other day I was at work just working like a busy little bee when I took a break to check snapchat. I was watching all my stories and resisting the urge to post another selfie of myself as a mouse when I came across one particular story that bothered me. It was some of my friends that had gone to lunch. It didn't look like they were having like a particularly good time or anything but it was just the fact that they were all together.

I was having a pretty decent day and then all the sudden I felt like a left out loser. I couldn't have even gone, I had work and school and homework and I had already been invited to one lunch that day that I couldn't go to but it still stung.

I couldn't figure out why I let that one little 10 second snapchat have such a big hold over my day? It made me feel a little depressed for the next few hours. Honestly this left out feeling happens more than I want to admit. I will be having a great day and then all the sudden it seems like my day sucks because someone is doing something seemingly more social and fun.

Now as I said before, I love snapchat and I don't really have a desire to get rid of it all together. I feel like the positives outweigh the negatives for me so I don't want to get rid of it but I definitely want to get rid of this feeling.  I don't really have any conclusion for this post. It is just something I have been thinking about. Has anyone else had this sort of issue with social media? And what do you do to combat it?

No comments:

Post a Comment