Monday, October 12, 2015

Apartment

As I said in this post, I told you I was going to blog about our apartment. So here we go.


Here is a little overview picture of the living area. 



I love our little kitchen. We are spoiled with new appliances and if we live anywhere else in the near future we may be wishing to come back to this kitchen. Our whole apartment was redone about a year ago so everything is in really good shape.


Bathrooms are hard to photograph. Especially since ours has the narrowest door way ever. Please note the shower curtain. I love it. 


I purposefully took this picture so it looked like our bedroom matched but it definitely doesn't. It is kind of a hodgepodge of furniture. The best part of the room is that we have two closets. I don't know how we would survive without two.


This is the view out of our bedroom window. So if anyone goes to Apollo let us know and we can wave to you out our window.

We also have another little bedroom but it full of junk (how do we have so much stuff??) so it didn't get its own picture. Now, here are some things I love in our home.


For some reason we have lots of different sets or out initials around our house but these are definitely me favorite. We painted them for the wedding and it was the first real project we did together. 


(Please ignore the bat. It is not part of our normal decor).

Spencer's neighbor painted a beautiful picture of the Salt Lake Temple for us. He painted on the day of our wedding so it is extra special. And of course we had to display some wedding pictures.


Spencer's grandparents recently downsized and gave away a bunch of their furniture. Spencer sent me a picture of these chair and said "We don't want this chair do we?" I said of course we want it! I think it is the cutest little chair and everyone gives us lots of compliments on it. Eventually we will probably get it recovered but for now I just love it.


We aren't allowed to have a pet and I needed something to care for so we got a little tree. I think he needs to have a name. Any suggestions?


Our bedroom had a random hook in the ceiling from the previous tenants so we decided to hang up the mobile I got from Zambia. I thought it was the cutest thing and I got it to hang over the crib of any future baby Whitmores but it was too cute to put into storage until then. 


We didn't want a traditional sign in book at our wedding so I stitched our names onto a canvas. We love it and I love being able to see if every day and be reminded of all the wonderful people we have in our lives. And if you didn't sign it at our wedding please come over and sign it now! 


I saw this pillow in Hawaii and had to have it! It was a little pricey for such a tiny thing but so worth it.

So there you have it. Our little home. And now that you know what it looks like you need to come see it in real life. We love visitors!


No comments:

Post a Comment