Thursday, September 3, 2015

CRC.

Last time I went to Zambia I went with Mothers Without Borders. They are a great organization that has an orphanage in Zambia. I wasn't really anticipating that I would get to go back to the orphanage this time but I was the luckiest girl in the world and I got to go back to the CRC (children resource center).


I am standing on the path that I helped to build 4 years ago!!!

I seriously feel so blessed that I was able to go back. The CRC is not only an orphange but also a school. We were able to teach our lessons to some of the girls at the school.



This picture shows the girls getting their reusable pad kits that were provided by Days For Girls. Days for Girls is based in Orem and they create these reusable pads for girls to use during their periods. We are so lucky they donated over 200 kits to us. These kits gave our lessons another demension and made our lessons way better. We are so grateful to all the wonderful women that made these kits!


After we taught the lesson and distributed the kits we got to go outside and play with the kids. I was beyond excited for this. This was what made my trip last time so special and I knew I would feel the same way.









Going back to the CRC really made me realize how much I have changed in the past few years. I had such a different outlook on life last time I was in Zambia but Zambia still had the same effect on me. I may have different goals and plans for my life but I still want to change the world. Now I just want to change it in different ways. I feel like I have come to know what is really important in life and how I can best make a difference in the world around me and in the world at large. Zambia has a really special effect on me that I just can't explain. I wish I could take you all there with me so you could know just how life changing it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment