Friday, April 17, 2015

Gratitude.

I am getting married in less than 4 weeks which is just the craziest thing I have ever heard! 

My life has also become the craziest thing I have ever heard. 

The last weeks of the semester are always the busiest, the last weeks before your wedding are always the busiest, trying to find and start an internship is time consuming, ,making money makes your life the busiest, and add in a bunch of other time commitments and you could just say my life is busiest.

I don't think I have ever been more busy in my whole life. I am not really complaining about it because I made all the choices that lead me here. I am just saying that business is not always happiness.

So in order to make myself remember that this phase of my life is going to pass all too quickly and people keep telling me I will miss it (although I doubt them) I am going to make a list of all the things I am grateful for. I always find that being grateful for things gives me a much better perspective and makes everything better.

- I am grateful that I have the opportunity to go to school. 
Some days it just feels like a bunch of busy work but I know I am gaining much more than just a degree by doing this

- I am grateful for how lovely the weather has been. Both the sun and the snow

- I am grateful for all of you that read this blog and make me feel so special by thinking that the things I write are actually worth reading.

- I am grateful that I have been able to live at home and spend so much time with my family. I know I will miss them when I move out. 

- I am grateful for a car. I take it for granted that I am able to go where ever I need to go

- I am grateful for friends and family that are constantly offering to help. I don't have much I can delegate to other people but as soon as I do I know they will be happy to help

- I am grateful for the opportunity to make money. Sometimes it seems like it is getting in the way of doing school and wedding stuff but we are going to need this money as soon as we are living all on our own.

- I am grateful for everyone that texted/called/snapchatted and said they liked our invitations. I put a lot of effort and time into those and I am really happy with them 
(shout out to Sarah Rodriguez for designing them)

- I am grateful for the internet. I wouldn't get anything done without it

- I am grateful for the generosity people have shown with throwing me showers and giving us gifts. We started with nothing and after just one shower we are well on our way to having a functioning home. We wouldn't be able to do it without the generosity of others.

- I am grateful for a fiance and that will come and listen to me cry and ramble over anything and everything. I am grateful that he understands how much stress I am under and tries his very best to help support me. 

- Most of all, I am grateful for a Heavenly Father that knows and loves me. I would not make it through these next few weeks without the support I get from my Heavenly Father. Knowing that He knows just what I am going through and is always listening to my prayers is the biggest comfort to me. I don't think I would make it without that knowledge and love.

We tend to only think about what we are grateful for during thanksgiving but I think it is a good process to follow all the time. 

What are you grateful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment