Saturday, December 6, 2014

#firstworldproblems

I might get some serious anger over this but I don't really care. 

If I have to hear one more thing about how feminism needs more support and awareness I am going to punch someone. 

I firmly believe that men and women should have the same rights and privileges but I don't think that we need to all freak out about it all the time. And honestly I am so sick of reading/ hearing about it.

Because there are WAY WAY WAY more important things to be concerned about. 

What about all the children that die every day because they don't have clean drinking water?

What about all the mothers that die every day during child birth because they don't have access to any healthcare services?

What about all the people around the world that are going hungry? Or don't have homes? Or who are suffering from a debilitating illness?

Right now America has a serious case of #firstworldproblems and I am sick of it. 

We think our tiny little problems are the most important things in the world and then we throw hissy fits if people don't think our problems are important. 

Sometimes people just need to get over it and realize that the world doesn't revolve around them. There are plenty of things to be outraged about in the world but the fact that your every whim is not being catered to is not one of them. 

So stop whining and start caring about things that are actually important. 

No comments:

Post a Comment