Friday, August 8, 2014

Pressure.

I think it is the fact that I am starting grad school this month that is making me feel so much pressure. 

I am been filled with anxiety and stress.

I don't know what I should expect from grad school and I really don't like feeling this way. The only other time I remember feeling like this was the summer before I started college. I was terrified. And I guess it makes sense that I feel the same way now. 

I am starting something that is totally new to me. Most people try and reassure me by saying they loved their graduate school experiences and that helps a little bit. But as soon as they say they loved it they mention how much work it is going to be. 

AAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!

I am already stressed out!!! Don't remind me that it is going to be a crap-load of hard work. 

But then I remind myself why I am going to grad school.










Because these people need my help. They deserve the same level of health care that I can get here in the United States. Just because they were born in a developing country doesn't mean that they should die because they can't get clean water or because they can't get the vaccination they need. 

I am nervous but my fears are nothing compared to what there precious people face on a daily basis. So I am ready to work hard so that I can do something about the injustices they face. 

When I look at these pictures I can honestly say that I am ready to work hard and I am ready to sacrifice whatever I need to so that I can thrive in school and be prepared to do what I need to do. 

These people need my help and I am going to do everything I can to make sure they get the help they need. 

No comments:

Post a Comment