Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Steps

Life is meant to be taken one step at a time. There is a reason that everything doesn't happen all at once. Probably because that is impossible but also because we have to progress to be ready for the next step in our life. 

Each step we take in life is meant to be taken in a certain order and at a certain time. You can't rush something just because you don't necessarily like the step you are on. You also can't slow time down and not move onto the next steps. We are constantly moving, and that can be comforting and also scary. 

I feel like I have a lot of different steps I am standing on in my life right now. And honestly I am perfectly content and happy with where I am. I like these steps I am hanging out on. That is not to say that I am not going to be happy when I move on from this point but I am happy with where I am. I have no desire to rush this part because this is the only time that my life will ever be like this. I have been working on being accepting of how my life is and I feel like I have reached a point of acceptance. I'm happy with where I am.

Now, I say that I am happy with where I am but apparently everyone else is not quite as satisfied. I feel like everyone is trying to hurry me along the path they have predetermined is best for me. When really all I want is to be right where I am. Everyone seems to be thinking about and planning out my future while I am not even thinking any further than what I will have for dinner or what my weekend plans are. 

I think it is important to have a plan for your future so you can be working towards something but if you are always hurrying and rushing through life then you will probably never be satisfied. You have to be happy with where you are while working towards what you want.

So I am happy with where I am and I hope you are happy too. I also think we could do with being a little less invested in other people's plans and just letting them follow their own path. We just need to accept that maybe they know a little bit more about their life than you do. They know what they are doing and they don't need you to push them one way or the other. Everyone's life follows its own path and its own set of steps and we need to be respectful of that. 

1 comment: