Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Cronuts

Now I have lots and lots to tell you about my trip to New York but lets start off with what is really most important.

CRONUTS!!!

Guys, I have wanted a cronut for such a long time and there was no way I was letting myself go all the way to New York and not get a cronut. 

I woke up Thursday morning and started the trek to Dominique Ansel Bakery. I figured that since cronuts have been around for a while it wouldn't be that big of a deal but boy was I wrong. When I got there at like 8:15 the line was already too long and they would be sold out by the time I got to the front. So dejectedly I walked away and consoled myself with the best chocolate croissant I have ever had. So not that mad. 

Then I made a plan. 

Sunday morning I woke up at 6 (if you know me then you know how impressive that is) mapped out my subway route because a lot of the lines were closed and started my journey. 

I got there around 7, 2 hours before the bakery opened, and the line already looked like this.


Then I waited for more than two hours for my chance to go and get the holy grail of pastries.

And it was so so worth it.


They were everything I imagined and more. You might think that I ate both of them but I was kind enough to share one with Ivy. Although it took all my willpower to not just shove them both in my mouth.

Goodness, my mouth is watering just thinking about them.

So my advice is that if you will be in New York anytime soon to make sure and get a cronut. You will not regret it.

No comments:

Post a Comment