Thursday, June 26, 2014

Thoughts.

I have mentioned a few times on this blog that I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Recently, there has been a lot of controversy surrounding the church and the priesthood. 

 I have a lot of thoughts about this "Ordain Women" movement and I not quite sure that I can put them all into words right now. I will just say that I believe that revelation within the church comes from God and no amount of protesting or movements are going to change that. 

I also feel sad for the women that feel they are mistreated in the church. I have never once felt anything but love and support from the men in the church. I have all the admiration in the world for the men that have lead all of my congregations in the past and those leading it now. I firmly believe they are making choices that they feel are the best for those they are serving and that are inspired by God. I trust them and do not believe they would ever do anything to hurt or marginalize me just because I am a woman. It hurts to think that there are other women that do not have these same positive feelings about the leadership. 

I have read a lot of articles on both sides of this debate and I never felt that anyone ever captured the feelings I am feeling about the whole issue. Until I read this post by Alycia. I feel like she expressed just what I am feeling in much better words than I could do on my own. 

I love my church and I am so grateful for all of the blessings that have come to me because of my membership in it. It really hurts to see people portraying it in such a negative light. But no matter what people say, I believe in this church and all of its teachings. I know that by following the prophet we will be able to live happier and better lives and that is what I intend to do. 


1 comment: