Friday, June 13, 2014

Crater.

The Haleakala Crater is one the weirdest/coolest places on earth. 


I am pretty sure this is what Mars looks like. 

At the Summit it is about 10,000 feet which is kind of crazy high and made me and Courtney joke about having altitude sickness when we went on our little hike up these steps.


Another cool thing about the Crater is that you can see the Big Island from the Summit. You can just barely see the top of Mauna Kea and Mauna Loa. 

Fun fact about Mauna Kea:If you measure it from its base at the bottom of the ocean it is taller than Mt. Everest. And if anyone tries to argue with me about that I will prove that I am right. 

Driving down from the Crater we drove right through a cloud.



We also got stuck behind some of the slowest cars on the planet and I was not a happy camper. But I was certainly a happy camper once we got to Makawao (my favorite place on earth) and got some stick doughnuts.


Hooray for doughnuts!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment