Friday, April 4, 2014

Global Community Summit.

If you are friends with me on Facebook you will know that I have been working on this project called the Global Community Summit. 

It was a collection of events centering about the UK hip hop artist Emmanuel Jal. Emmanuel Jal is a Sudanese refugee who was rescued by a British aid worker and has since made a great career for himself and uses his fame to help people suffering all through out the world. 

(I don't think my skin has ever looked quite so white...)

We had a whole bunch of events but definitely my favorite was the Evening of Dialogue. This was TED talk style event and we had few speakers from around the valley come and speak, with the keynote speaker being Emmanual Jal. He is such a powerful speaker and even though I heard the same speech about 5 times during the weekend I was moved by it every time. At the end of his performance that night he shared on of his songs and he picked people out of the audience to join him on stage. He picked my dad and I almost died laughing.


Lets just say that my dad probably shouldn't be dancing....

I feel so blessed to have been able to work on this project and help it run smoothly. It has taken more than a year of planning and the fact that is it over is sort of surreal to me. Huge thanks to anyone who came and supported the events and everyone who helped along the way. 


No comments:

Post a Comment