Tuesday, April 1, 2014

April Fools.

We will start off this post by saying happy birthday to Spencer. It really is his birthday and not just a joke. And I know he LOVES getting shout outs in public places so here it is.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

(also I always like to have a way to test if he is actually reading the blog)

Now onto the matter at hand.

The best April Fools Day joke that has ever been played in the history of forever happened to me in 6th grade. 

We were all anxiety ridden babies who were still nervous about being in middle school when our french teacher told us we had a huge test. Everyone started freaking out because no one knew about the test but there were two girls in our class that were like "ya guys, she told us about the test two weeks ago" and in that moment those girls were basically satanic because isn't it an unspoken rule of school that you all band together??? So we spent the next 20 minutes arguing with the teacher about how we couldn't possibly have a test. Some of the girls were literally on the verge of tears (maybe I was one of them). There was also someone filming the whole ordeal because our teacher had told us she was a student teacher who was observing. After all the argument had settled and we had resigned ourselves to the fact that we were all going to fail the test and our lives were ruined our teacher told us it was an April Fools Day joke. I can still remember how mad I was about that. You don't mess around with a 6th graders perfect GPA!

A few years later the senior class president came into class meeting and told us that the prom venue had canceled and we were going to have to have prom in the gym. Being the spoiled private school kids we are, we were not so pleased about this. People started offering their houses and country clubs to have prom because there was no way we could have it in the gym. The horror! He eventually told us it was an April Fools Day joke and we all relaxed and went back to acting like we weren't actually spoiled brats. 

Now, I don't love Aprils Fools Day, mostly because I am horrible at pranks and my pranks are kind of similar to Winston's pranks from New Girl. But this year I think I have a few up my sleeve that might succeed. So we will see.

Anyone have any really good prank stories?

2 comments:

  1. My pranks are also similar to Winston's and I'm glad that you know that reference and I'm not the only one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My pranks are also similar to Winston's and I'm glad that you know that reference and I'm not the only one.

    ReplyDelete