Wednesday, March 19, 2014

#ProjectSelfLove

The first step to reading this post is to go to I Wore Yoga Pants and read this post.

Ok, you read it?

Good.

I am OBSESSED with this post. I think it is so wonderful and something that is really missing from this world.

We are all constantly criticizing everything especially ourselves and I think we really need to just tone it down. I am so horrible about this. I am constantly thinking about the things I have done and how I should have done them differently or how I should have worn a different outfit or how my hair looks horrible today.  
How can I expect to feel happy and positive if I am constantly tearing myself down?

It really isn't possible.

Even before I read this post I was thinking a lot about happiness and how I can become more happy. The first step I decided to take was to focus more on my self worth and the fact that I am a daughter of a Heavenly Father who loves me more than I can imagine. Hopefully it is not a secret on this blog that I am a mormon and one fundamental thing we believe is that we are children of God. By focusing on this I am able to try and see myself as He sees me. To try see all the good about me and try to find ways to limit the things that aren't so great. This has been a HUGE source of recent happiness for me. 

Once I get that fundamental part of my self-worth in place I have begun focusing on more external things. So here are some things I came up with that I love about myself.

- I cry...a lot. It is often about my own predicament but sometimes I cry about the plights of others. I love that empathetic side of me.

- I love that I am smart.

- I love that I am pretty good at being brave.

- I love that I am often more knowledgeable about sports than some of the guys I know.

- I love that I have green eyes.

- I love that I read books.

- I love my hands and fingers and finger nails.

- I love that I am funny

So there are just a few things I thought of that I love about myself. 

I encourage you all to spend some time thinking about what you love about yourself. It is a beautiful exercise and will really help you to feel better about yourself. I promise! And if you need someone to help you get the ball rolling I would love to tell you all some things that make you lovable and amazing.

1 comment: