Friday, February 14, 2014

Valentine's

I really have zero emotion towards Valentine's day. Most people either love it or hate it but I really couldn't care less about it. This isn't even me being bitter or anything, I just don't care about it.

(but I did get a secret Valentines day package so you know I wasn't mad about that (and if it was you, you better tell me right now...))


But some people really do care about it.

So, I am happy for you if you are in love and you get to spend the day with your significant other. I am also happy for you if you don't have a significant other but are excited about spending the day with other people that love you. And I am sad for you if this holiday makes you feel bad about yourself or accentuates your loneliness. 


Honestly, the day may be catered to couples but isn't it just about love in general? Shouldn't you just use this as an opportunity to let people know how much you care about and appreciate them? I know that's what I will be doing. So I understand why people might hate this day but I think that it can be a really positive experience if you let it. 


On that note, I love you all and I think that you are wonderful. And if you feel like today is going to be awful just use this as a good excuse to eat a lot of chocolate and ice cream. Because sometimes we all need an excuse to do that.

Happy Valentines Day!

3 comments: