Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Resolutions.

Obviously I am a little late on this whole resolutions thing. But that's because I was busy not having anything to do with the outside world for the last week so now I am ready to tell you my resolutions.

1 - Be more peaceful

I was reading over at Casey Leigh and she said that she picks one word to work on every year. I LOVED that idea and decided that my word of the year is going to be Peace. Now that may sound all hippyish to you but that is not how I intend it. I often let myself get caught up and stressed out by things that don't really matter and that I have no control over. That creates a lot of craziness and stress in my life that I just don't need. So this year, I am going to work on being calm and peaceful. Not only in an internal sense but also in an external way. I want to be someone that helps others feel more peaceful and not more stress.


Now being peaceful is kind of a broad resolution and I do better when I have something firm to actually do so two ways I am going to work on having a more peaceful life is to "unplug" at least once a week, and to keep my room clean and organized. Going a week with hardly any electronic or social media interaction really helped me to see how much I rely on it. I think that taking at least one day a week to not interact with any of those social media outlets I will be able to have more peace. 

2 - No more procrastinating!

I am the worst when it comes to procrastination. I procrastinate any and everything. It is like I think that if I don't do it right now then I will never have to do it. I have been feeling a lot of stress over my grad school applications and I know that I would not be feeling this stress if I wasn't such a bad procrastinator. So I need to kick this awful habit. This past semester I was actually able to work hard and get ahead in some of my classes and I can not tell you how good that felt. I hope that if I stop procrastinating then I will be less stressed and therefore have a more peaceful life. (see how all of these are connecting? pretty cool) 

Source

3 - Read my scriptures every morning. 

I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. And we consider it very important to have daily scripture study, and especially to read the Book of Mormon. Recently I have been pretty good at doing my daily scripture reading but I have been doing it at night just before I go to bed. Now this may work for some people, but it was not working for me. I think that if I read my scriptures each morning I will be able to remember what is really important and start my day off on the right foot.

Source

4 - Do some sort of physical activity at least 3 times a week.

Now we all know that I might be laziest person in existence, we also know how horribly "Fitness February" went last year so we are starting out smaller this year. Any sort of physical activity counts. Like for example I did a ton of snow shoveling this week so I am using that as two days of physical activity. I think that if I start small then I will actually be able to keep this resolution....but we will see. Also, I have heard that exercise reduces stress levels? So maybe it will make me more peaceful?

Source

I really hope I am able to keep these resolutions. Having a more peaceful year is something I feel really strongly about and I know will improve my life. Anyone have any other suggestions on how to have a more peaceful life?

3 comments:

  1. I got Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred for like $7.99 at Costco. It kicks my butt sometimes but it's only 20 minutes a day so you could look into that! (Not that I actually do it every day. More like every other day . . . but 20 minutes is do-able).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is such a good idea! But I hear it is so hard so I am scared haha

      Delete
    2. I've done the 30 day shred before. It's super hard but you get results. Also, I really like all of your goals.

      Delete