Friday, January 24, 2014

Juice (Part 2)

I told you that on Monday I started a juice cleanse. And let me just say that I failed.

I was feeling pretty good Monday and Tuesday. In fact, I was surprised how unhungry I felt and how much energy I had. Wednesday was good. I didn't feel so great the whole day but I felt fine...until about 5:00. Right around then I started feeling horrible. I was kind of shaking and was freezing cold. I tried sitting by the fire and drinking more juice and water but nothing was helping. So I gave in and ate some rice. 

I am kind of disappointed that I wasn't able to go the whole three days but I was starting to feel so horrible that it was kind of scary. So I ate and I wish I didn't have to but I don't really think it was an option. And anyone that calls me a cheater is no longer my friend and will get the silent treatment. 

Overall I would say that it was a good experience. I did feel really hydrated the whole time and I think that is something I should really be more conscious of. I think most of us need to drink more water than we do. I also noticed a big difference in my whole body. Everything just felt better. The hardest part was planning ahead. I had to go to school from 9-6 on Tuesday and so I really had to plan ahead and bring all the juice with me. I think it was good but I don't think I will be doing another one any time soon.

And now I am going to spend the whole weekend undoing all the good work that the cleanse did for my body by eating everything in sight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment