Friday, January 3, 2014

BIG.

So you may remember how last year I had a new goal for every month (well most months). I really enjoyed having a certain thing to focus on for that month and I will probably start doing that a little later in the year once I come up with specific things to work on. 

But to start off the year I am doing something BIG!

Well it seems big to me. 

For a week I am doing a fast of almost everything. Starting on Sunday (January 5th) and going until the following Monday (January 13th). I am doing no tweeting, instagramming, snapchatting, blogging, facebooking, tumbling, celebrity newsing, quizupping, buzzfeeding, or pinning. And I might cut out texting too but we will see how I feel about that. (Like how I posted links to all of my accounts on those various websites so you can follow me even though I am not doing this week? haha)

You read that list right. I am going to do none of those things.

And that is scary to me. 

Those are the things I spend the most time doing and the things that bring me some of the most entertainment in my life but I think they are distracting me from a lot of other things I should be focusing on. I also think they bring me some of my deepest unhappiness. I think moving my focus will be a good way to start off my final semester of college (!!!) and will really help me get ready for this new year. 

Is anyone brave enough to join me?

I will see you all next week and let you know how it went. And if you need to contact me I LOVE getting phone calls and emails are still acceptable. 

Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. I love that you're doing this and I do want to try maybe some of these things, but I don't think I'm brave enough.

    ReplyDelete