Monday, December 2, 2013

Thanksgiving.

Thanksgiving is by far and away my favorite holiday (besides my birthday).

It doesn't have all the pressure of Christmas and it is all about eating. What could be better???

And let me tell you, I had one of the best Thanksgiving weekends ever!

It started off with this.


Yes, real life turkey in chicken coop. My dad said there was a turkey in the backyard and I assumed he meant the turkey that they had put in a cooler to brine...but no. This was my neighbors and they needed a place to keep him for a little while. Sadly he did not make it to the end of the day...but lets just say the chickens were glad to have their home back.

Then we got to the really good part of the day.



Sweet potatoes.

I don't think this picture does justice to the way I feel about sweet potatoes. 

I would be the happiest girl on earth if I could just eat sweet potatoes every day. Not even exaggerating. I might be in love with a vegetable and I am not even ashamed. 


The afternoon was rounded off with some football. And no one is mad about that. 

Later that evening we went over to my Grandparents house to see the other side of the family. I can sum it up with this picture.


By far and away my favorite cousin. #sorrynotsorry to everyone else. No one can ever compete with Miles.

Friday just got even better!

I had a delicious breakfast, spilled orange juice all over two meals, played with my favorite dogs/bears, and decorated someone else's Christmas tree. 

That night I went to see the movie About Time. I think it may be the single greatest movie I have ever seen. It was so beautiful and made me so incrediblely happy. I think me and Ellie may have skipped out of the theater. I usually wouldn't reccommend people going to see an R rated movie but this one was spectacular. I really can not say enough good things about it. 

Saturday basically consisted of all football.


It was senior night and luckily the Utes got a solid win to send the seniors out right. It was kind of a rough season so ending on a win was good. I was also really sad because it was my last game to sit in the MUSS. It has been so fun to sit in the student section and I am really going to miss it.

I spent the rest of the day watching football interspersed with a lovely dinner with Wesley.


He went a little crazy with the side dishes but who can blame him when Suherio has the best soup/salad ever. No one knows why he got a random bowl of rice. Wesley is the best and he always makes me so happy about life. He's amazing.

And speaking of football, this happened. These announcers are seriously the highlight of my life.



This weekend seriously was the best and I say that I am so grateful for it. These next few weeks are going to be crazy so I definitely needed a nice break. Also, please forgive me if I am a little absent. Heaven knows I have enough to do. I hope your Thanksgiving was as wonderful as mine!

3 comments:

  1. I'm not exactly sure, but I think Wesley may be my old roommates/friends' cousin. Does he have twin cousins named Courtney and Cassidee? Haha I know they have a cousin named Wesley and he looks similar to your picture...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya I am pretty sure that he does! Small world!

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness. I did not get to watch the Alabama/Auburn game, but I am so grateful that you posted that video. I'm at work watching it and trying so hard not to laugh out loud at the announcers. "Oh my Lord in heaven Auburn just won the iron bowl!" Good stuff.

    ReplyDelete