Friday, November 8, 2013

"Be the Change"

Most of you probably know that I went to Zambia in the summer of 2011. I have written about it multiple times (herehere, and here). But not very many people get to really hear about Zambia. It is so tender to me that I am almost scared to share it with people. There is no way they can really understand my experience and I do not want anyone to misjudge my experience there because I can not adequately express it in words. I LOVE Zambia with all my heart and I am trying to share about it more because it is such a vital part of who I am and what I am doing with my life.

So here is me sharing. 

I know this is kind of hard to read but you can go motherswithoutborders.org to get more info.

I am sincerely inviting each one of you to come to the boutique. It is a lot of fun, it is a great place to get Christmas presents, and it is for a great cause. 

Recently I got an email from Kathy, the head of Mothers Without Borders. She was asking each of us to share the word about this boutique. She was especially encouraging us because times are really hard in Zambia. The currency has depreciated, the price of gasoline has doubled, and there was a shortened growing season. Any of these problems on their own would be catastrophic but the combination of the three has become crippling. Their operating budget has increased almost 50% but the donations have not gone up which has caused some serious issues.  

These facts just break my heart. I would willingly give all of my money to help this cause if I could, but since that is just not possible I am pleading with you to help. 

Seriously, please just stop by the boutique. I promise you that you will not be disappointed. I also promise that you will be able to find something for you or for someone you know. And you will be helping orphans! Its a win win situation.  If you don't want to go by yourself, just call me. Cause I will be spending a lot of time there. 

If you can't attend the boutique here are some other ways you can help.

1. Go to the Mothers Without Borders website and click on the Donate Now link. If you do donate, make sure to put "Be the Change Event" on the donation form so they can track their progress
2.  Sponsor a child in school. Again you just go to the Mothers Without Borders website and click on the "Sponsor a Child" link. I am OBSESSED with doing this and try to do it every year. Education is the most powerful tool in the world and you are seriously changing a child's life by just helping them go to school. I can tell you for a fact that these children do not take school for granted, and they work their hardest to do well in school. It is so so worth it. 

I really hope you will be able to help out this wonderful cause that is so close to my heart. I would love to hear from you if you have attended this event in the past or if you go this year. And since I am sharing my favorite cause with you, I would love to hear what some of your favorite causes are. 

Source

2 comments:

  1. Anna, I am planning on going. let me know when you will be there.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great! I wish I could say I sponsored a child completely but I'm not financially able to do that right now, so I donated what I could to one of them. Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete