Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Balance.

Let's talk about having balance in our lives.

This is what my room currently looks like.


It is definitely out of balance. 

Do you guys feel like you have a balanced life? 

For me, I consider having a balanced life to be having time to do all the things I have to do but also having time to do the things I want to do. And recently that has felt really out of whack.

I have been so busy with school and internships and research proposals and grad school applications that it feels like there isn't time for anything else. But if I do get a spare night to do something social it feels like I have a million different obligations and not enough time to do all of those. 

Here is an example, on Monday I had to finish research proposal, a case study, and a paper which means my day was pretty busy. That night I had a basketball game I wanted to watch, a church event to go to, a surprise birthday party to help set up, and a movie night that I was hosting. 

Even though I had a mix of school and fun things to do it didn't seem balanced. It felt like I was rushing to and from each thing and not really committing myself to what I was doing right at that moment. I had so many different things to do that I wasn't able to enjoy any of them. And I think that represents a lack of balance in my life.  

I am just not sure how to get a balanced life where I can get everything done but still enjoy what I am doing. Do you ever feel really out of balance? What do you to restore balance in your life? 

1 comment:

  1. I think it helps to completely clear out one night a week (or just a few hours) if you can to just do whatever you want (clean your room, watch Netflix, whatever). I can't always do that but when I have time I feel much more relaxed and in control.

    ReplyDelete