Thursday, October 24, 2013

Friends.

I just started reading a book called "MWF seeking BFF: My yearlong search for a new best friend". It is about a woman who moves to a new city to be with her boyfriend and she is really happy with her life until she realizes that she doesn't really have any friends. 

Recently I have been thinking a lot about how important it is to have friends. Now, I am not a person who has like a million friends, but I like to think that I have enough good ones that I am set. (that doesn't mean I don't like to make new friends it just means I don't feel that I need to have a million friends) Let's also be honest, I am pretty sure that every once in a while everyone feels like they have no friends and that they are a complete loser....ok, I guess I just hope that is a universal feeling because I have definitely felt it before. 

Now I have probably been thinking a lot about friends because my best friend (and probably soul mate) is on a mission and it is just about killing me. In the past few weeks I would have given anything it just be able to talk to her. I know she would be giving me the best advice, just generally making me happy, and probably sending me hilarious snapchats. But since she is gone I have been relying on a lot of other people. 

And boy, am I blessed.

When I call Courtney late at night and I know she has been looking at carotid arteries all day she still listen to me complain.

When I call Rachel and tell her I will be at her house in 3 minutes she says "ok!" and doesn't even care that I barged in while she was wearing her pjamas.

And when all I want to do it watch a scary movie (but not When a Stranger Calls) Becca and Ellie are happy to oblige.

I could go on and on but I will limit it to things they have done for me this week. Don't I just sound like the luckiest girl? Cause I really am.

Oh, and I should mention that I also have some super awesome guy friends. And Wesley is seriously the best and comes up with great life plans like adopting 100 hedgehogs and moving to the woods or becoming serial tolietpappers. Both sound promising right?

I guess I am just throwing out some gratitude to the world for giving me the best friends that will love me no matter how much of a grumpernickel I am being.  

1 comment: