Monday, September 2, 2013

September

I guess before I jump right into September I should tell you how my August goal went.

Horribly.

Complaining is just too deeply ingrained into my life. (Which is bad, I know). Plus I went on all those hikes in Montana and I loved them but I didn't love every second of walking up the mountains. And I had a 10 hour car ride. And I had like two weeks of being a total grumpernickel (combination of grumpy and pumpernickel...I am pretty proud of it).

So there was probably more complaining than normal. And I sincerely apologize for those people who had to deal with me. I was a total pill. 

But the fact that I was a grumpernickel came from the fact that I felt totally lost and out of control with my life. I just felt really stuck with where I was and like nothing was going as planned.  All of this is more than enough to make anyone anxious and unhappy. But then I read this quote.

Source

Why do I constantly have to be reminded of this? Why can I not just remember that I can do whatever I want as long as I am willing to work for it??

So I decided to follow this Emerson quote, but apply it to the whole month of August instead of just a day.

Source
No more old nonsense for me. 

Hence a new September goal. 

I am graduating from college in May and that means I need to start planning out what my next step is going to be. I have been reading this book called "Getting from College to Career" by Lindsey Pollak and it has some really great tips. But I am not even sure what on earth my career will be. 

So my goal for September is to take meaningful action towards figuring out what I will do after I graduate. I am not sure if that will be another internship, graduate school, or jumping right into the working world. But I have some leads for all 3 and hopefully I will feel much more confident and peaceful going forward. 

Wish me luck!

And does anyone have any advice for this very inexperienced girl??

2 comments:

  1. both of those quotes are just the best. like seriously though. that first one... i feel like i have been so stuck lately, and you are right, you forget that everyday is a new day, and that you can do whatever you want with that new day. this is just the greatest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You need to be sure to plan on a trip to Hawaii next year after graduation. After that, you can do whatever your heart tells you to do.

    ReplyDelete