Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Everything.

Recently I read a book called The Happiness Project. In this book the author decides she wants to actively engage in having a happier life and sets resolutions for each month of the year that will help to make her happier. I really appreciated the book and thought she had some great ideas but I don't think I will be doing my own happiness project. 

Anyways, one thing she said that really impacted me was that I can do anything I want but not everything. 

Source

I really really love that thought and it was something I had never considered. I seems so obvious but yet it wasn't for me. As I have said recently the whole world is basically open to me right now. I can really do anything that I want. My main problem with that is not doing everything.

I have so many opportunities and it so hard for me to turn them down. I keep hearing about these internships and trips and research projects that I want to be involved in. But I have to keep reminding myself that I can not do it all. 

Source


This applies to my september goal perfectly. I have been wading through endless options of what I want to do. How am I even supposed to decide between so many good things? 

I think I just have to take a step back and keep it all in perspective of where I want to end up and what will best help me to get there. And once I decide to do something I really need to commit to it. Because if I am not doing things with my whole heart and effort then I do not even want to be doing them.

 And through all of that I have to remember that I really can do anything....but not everything. 

No comments:

Post a Comment