Monday, August 5, 2013

Pioneer Day Concert

A few weeks ago I got invited to/forced someone to invite me the the Mormon Tabernacle Choir Pioneer Day Concert. (I have realized that forcing people to invite me places is one of my greatest talents, pretty cool huh?)

The concert was featuring Lindsey Stirling and Nathan Pacheco. I don't know if you guys have heard of Lindsay Stirling because I hadn't and apparently that is like and unforgivable sin according to some people...

This Lindsey character is a super good violinist and she like dances while she plays. So that was interesting...but also cool? 

Regardless of the extent of my knowledge the concert was really good! But who am I kidding, are Motab concerts ever bad?

The best part of the concert was definitely when the Choir sang "Come Come Ye Saints". Recently that song has just had so much meaning to me and the lyrics have been exactly what I needed to hear. I really encourage you to look up a video of the choir singing this hymn. I just love it.


I also love taking kind of blurry pictures of the temple. Even if it is just one in a trillion.

I am really glad that I got to go to the concert plus the night ended with Mcdonald's, and we all know that anytime Mcdonald's is involved I am happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment