Monday, July 1, 2013

June/July

I made it through June without eating and fast food!!!!

Are you not so proud of me??

Cause I am. I even had three different times where I fed the kids I babysit Wendy's (that sounds like a lot but it was different families and their parents were out of town, you can't expect me to make dinner every night!) and I didn't even have a lick of frosty. 

I really can not even believe I did it. I think I was partially addicted to Mcdonald's so I am really impressed by myself. 

And maybe I plan on eating fast food for all three meals today...but who knows.

Anyways, onto July!

For July I am reading The Book of Mormon in one month.

If you didn't already know I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (aka Mormon). We believe that The Book of Mormon is similar to the Bible as in, it is another testament of Jesus Christ.  If you want to learn more about our church of this book I would be happy to talk to you about it! Or you can go to lds.org or mormon.org!

It is 531 pages long and I have never read it in this short of a time before. Usually I read about 2 or 3 pages per day but now I will have to read about an average of 18. It is a very doable amount just more than I am used to. I am going to use this chart.

Source
I am really really excited about this and it could not come at a better time. I am looking for some guidance in my life and I know reading my scriptures is one of the best ways to receive inspiration from God.

So here we go!

(Also, if anyone wants to read with me I would love to have some company!)

1 comment:

  1. Okay, I love this chart! You'll have to let me know how it all goes and then maybe I'll do it in August.

    ReplyDelete