Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Heavy.

I talk/think a lot about letting go of things. 

Source
Right now I have this idea of how things should be that I am holding onto so tightly just wishing that it would happen that it isn't doing me any good any more. Honestly, it is just dragging me down and making me less satisfied with my life than I should be. 

It is heavy.

Too heavy for me to carry anymore. 

In the book Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer, Oskar has something he calls heavy boots. His heavy boots are things that make him sad. I love this image. It is hard for him to move in his life because he has on his heavy boots. 

Now in the book he can not really get rid of his heavy boots because they are real problems in the world. But I can get rid of these heavy boots. 

Maybe some time I will come back to this thing and it will bring me the happiness it is supposed to, but right now it just has to go. 

It is going to be hard and it is probably going to hurt... a lot...but in the long run I know I will be better for it. 

Sorry to be so vague, if you want to know more you can talk to me about it personally and I would love to share more but it seems a little personal to share with everyone. 

I hope this can inspire you to let go of things in your life that are keeping you down. No one should have to walk around in heavy boots.

1 comment: