Monday, February 11, 2013

Letting go.

Lately I have found myself to be happier than I have been in a long time. Not that I have been like depressed or anything, just not as happy as I could have been.

I think there are a lot of contributing factors to this happiness. But, one big thing is that I have really tried to let go of expectations. I have found that if I am always waiting for something to happen I will be highly dissatisfied until it happens...and you can imagine the anguish that causes if said thing never happens.

Someone told me waiting for things to happen is like being on a roller coaster. One thing will happen bringing you closer to your goal and its like you are on top of the world....but five minutes later you're on a big downward slope with no sign of heading up in the near future. I have been on said roller coaster for too long. I decided it was time to let go of that thing I was holding onto so tightly. And I am so much better for it!

Source

You might not realize how much of a negative effect things can have on your life until you let go of them. You might think it is bringing you happiness when really all it is bringing you is impatience, dissatisfaction, and doubt. No one should have to live with those things. I am obviously not letting go of all the things I want in life, I am just trying hard to be realistic and realize when things aren't worth fighting for.

Source

Sometimes you just have to let go and know that it will all work out. You might not get what you want right now but in the end I can promise everything will be perfect and exactly what you need.

Source

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for this post Anna! I'm working on letting go of some things too so this was great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is awesome Anna. this is kind of my motto. i found myself in the same situation a few months ago. just having high expectation for EVERYTHING! i realized that i was so much happier when i let those things go, and to remember that if things were meant to happen they would. i am a huge believer in that.

    ReplyDelete