Monday, January 21, 2013

Tube

In August I had big plans to be crafty. I spent way too much time on pintrest and then dragged Sarah with me to basically every craft store we knew of. 

I decided to make a Tube (the undergroud train in London). Mostly because I thought it would look cool but also because I really truly miss looking at that map everyday.

So here is the process.

1. Get a tube map blown up to the size of your canvas.


2. Tape the map to your canvas and then poke hole on every turn that the specific line makes.

I worked on one line at a time. It made everything way less complicated. And if you know me then you know I need things to be as simple as possible.



3. Embroider the colors through the holes you poked. 



4. Hang the pretty map up on the wall.

I am pretty proud of myself. This is probably the biggest project I have undertaken and I can not even believe I finished it!

4 comments:

  1. This is so cool! That is all I have been doing today. Spending time on pinterest, and finding ways to be more creative. It is quite fun actually.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The original London Underground Map revolutionized mapping... I like your craftiness!

    ReplyDelete