Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Goals.

 
For some reason I am really into making goals lately. I made a whole bunch of New Years Resolutions and I think I have been pretty good at keeping them. But I also need to set some super tangible goals, that I can accomplish in a given set of time. So I decided to set one goal for every month.
 
January: No Shopping.
 
I obviously started this at the beginning of the year and I have been super good and haven't bought anything that wasn't necessary. That might seem like a super easy goal for some people but it was rough for me. Can't wait to go on a shopping spree February 1st!!!
 
February: Exercise Month.
 
Ok, that sounds weird, but I really think that I need to be nicer to my body and one thing that will really help that is exercising. So I have put together a little plan that will challenge me but isn't too outrageous.
 
March: No Facebook.
 
This one will be hard. Very hard. I am scared even thinking about it. But hopefully it will good for me?
 
April: No Tabloids.
 
I don't buy tabloids that often but I check People and US magazine online at least three times a day. Wow, that sounds pathetic, but its true and I am giving that up for a month. Don't do anything crazy celebs!
 
May: Picture a day.
 
I spent a decent amount of money on my camera and I hardly ever use it. So I am going to take at least one picture every day with my real camera. No crappy phone pictures for me!
 
June: No fast food.
 
This one is hard to define. I think I am going to count McDonalds/Wendy's/other places like that. Hmmm sounds hard.
 
July: Read the Book of Mormon
 
I am going read the Book of Mormon in 31 days. That's quite a feat, but it will be summer so I will have plenty of time to read.
 
August: One act of kindness/service
 
I am going to do one act of intentional kindness every day. I try to always do nice things in my life but I am going to be very intentional about seeking things and people out to serve.
 
September, October, November, and December have yet to be decided. But as soon as I know I will be sure to update!
 
I feel really good about these goal. Has anyone else made a goal list like this? And do you have any suggestions for the other months??

2 comments:

  1. LOVE THIS!!! Anna, you are awesome. Can I PLEASE go on a shopping spree with you? Also, I very much look forward to spoiling your no tabloids/celebrities goal. I will tell you all I know!! Hahahaha jk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this idea, it's way better than just setting a goal at the beginning of the year to do something super crazy and hard and then not have short-term goals. Also, I don't know how you're going to do some of these, but I know you'll be able to do them because you're amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete