Monday, October 1, 2012

Darcy.

I am well aware that a lot of people are going to hate me for this post. But I can't help it.
 
I do not like Mr. Darcy.
 
Yes I am referring to Mr. Darcy from Pride & Prejudice.
 
I am not a fan and I am especially not a fan of him in the newest movie.
 
Source
 
He is not attractive in the slightest. If we are going to have a good Darcy we have to go with Colin Firth. There is no other option.
 
Source
 
Anyways that is not the point.
 
He is straight up rude to Elizabeth. He insults her family, he says that he loves her against his better judgement.
 
And that is supposed to be romantic???
 
If a guy told me he loved me despite that fact that I had a crazy family, I was poor, and I wasn't on his same social level I would say "See ya never". There is no way I would say "Oh you're so great I love you"
 
And I am well aware that Elizabeth doesn't fall in love with him right away, she is a smart girl. But by the end she has forgiven him for the horrible way he has treated her???
 
I guess forgiveness is a good thing....
 
But I guess I just don't get it. Can someone please explain the appeal? Because I am in the dark right now.
 
Oh wait, he is rich. I LOVE him now
 
Just Kidding.... kinda

3 comments:

  1. hahaha! we would be great friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahahahahahahahahha...
    I agree, Colin Firth for Darcy all the way.
    Funny thing is that I just bought the DVD this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. amen sista. Colin Firth is my lover

    ReplyDelete