Tuesday, March 6, 2012

People.

I have been thinking a lot about the people that  I was able to meet in India and Zambia. There is a group of Waterford students in India right now and you can not even imagine how insanely jealous of them I am. They are literally changing their lives and I love it.


I am not the same person I was before those trips. I feel like my ability to love and serve those around me has increased exponentially. I don't think it is even comprehendable how much I have changed.


But, spending all my time in these posh cities filled with beautiful things has made me get a little selfish. I spend 98% of my time thinking about myself and my problems and what will make me happy.


 I don't think it is healthy.  


Don't get me wrong, I am incredibly grateful for this experience and I am trying to soak up every minute but always thinking about me is not how I want to live my life.


I want to think about others more than myself and people more than things. People are more important than anything else. No amount of material things will ever make up for the people in our lives.


I have decided that I am going to make a concious effort to think more about others and less about myself. I am 100% positive that I will be a happier and more content person if I do.


I wish with all my heart that everyone could have the experiences that I have and that they could see how most of the world lives. I really think that it would make everyone much more grateful for what they have and the world would be a better place because of it.



No comments:

Post a Comment