Saturday, March 3, 2012

Paris.

I was going to try and break this up into a few posts but that just sounds like a lot of unnecessary work. So here we go...


Our first stop was the Champs-Elysees. The Arc de Triomphe is one of my favorite places in Paris and the view from above is the best in Paris, THE best.


Ta Da.


And of course we couldn't go to Paris without making a quick stop to Louis V. This is literally the most amazing store in the whole world. I like to call it Mothership...I mean, look at it!


We hurried on over the Eiffel Tower to snap some pics and obvi get some cotton candy. I think Ivy enjoyed it the most...




We went on a boat cruise down the river but the pictures of that were no good so you will just have to imagine those ones. The sparkling Eiffel Tower was the highpoint of the night but that picture is up above.

The next day was probably one of my favorite days of the whole semester. It was so beautiful and just so much fun. I really don't think I have ever had that much fun in my whole life. Really really great.

Notre Dame was fairly normal. Not really impressive but not really unimpressive.

Wow that sounded snotty of me.



We stopped for a few quick minutes in Saint Chappelle.


It is one of my favorite places in Paris. The pictures don't do it any justice. It is too incredible for words. 

Another key spot was the love bridge with all the locks of love. Wayyyy too cute.

I wanted to get one and lock it on the bridge but since I was obviously alone in Paris that was not a really viable option.


We also ran into quite a few pairs of missionaries because they were having a regional conference. I LOVED talking to them. They just put us all in a good mood. Oh the joy of missionaries.

If you die without going to Luxembourg gardens your life will not a success. It was so beautiful despite the fact that it is pretty much the dead of winter in Paris.

I always thought Versailles was the only place to see gardens in Paris but these gardens are definitely comparable and right in the heart of the city.


They were so good that we had to take a nap to fully appreciate them.


We spent the rest of the day in and around the Louvre. But who really likes that anyways...?

When we woke up the next morning it was foggy and chilly. We went up to the Sacre-Coueur and the pictures will speak for themselves.




Some people might say that the fog ruined the view but I think it made it better. It added to the mystery of the city and I loved it!

There are really no words to describe this picture but the fact that I really could not resist taking a "Tebowing" picture.


The Musee d'Orsay is one of my favorite places on the earth. The art they have in there is world class and I don't think anything else compares.

(keep in mind I had to sneak these pictures with my phone so they are not very high quality) 




The next picture is literally my favorite painting in the whole museum (besides The Gleaners but that is for other reasons). I could stare at it for hours. There is just something so beautiful and mysterious about the man.

 Van Gogh really had a way with that paint brush.

Our last day was Versailles and we had the greatest time ever despite the fact that the gardens were actually really ugly in the winter.

The inside was still great.



We rented a boat!

Word for the wise, if you are stranded in a lake and you need someone to row you to shore you call Lex, she is a beast. Avoid calling me at all costs. I will probably get you even further away from where you want to go.


And that was Paris. It was lovely and delightful but nothing will ever be better than the feeling of getting back to London!

No comments:

Post a Comment