Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Tale.

In honor of the fact that we are going to Paris we are reading A Tale of Two Cities. Kind of my least favorite book ever, but I found a passage in it that really stuck with me. 

"A WONDERFUL FACT to reflect upon, that every human creature is constituted to be that profound secret and mystery to every other. A solemn consideration, when I enter a great city by night, that every one of those darkly clustered houses encloses its own secret; that every room in every one of them encloses its own secret; that every beating heart in the hundreds of thousands of breasts there, is, in some of its imaginings, a secret to the heart nearest it!"

I kinda love that. I don't know what it is about it but its beautiful. That is the first and last time I will ever say that about anything Dickens wrote so this is a historic moment.

I will leave you all to think about that while I go to Paris. Should be wonderous!

No comments:

Post a Comment