Friday, February 17, 2012

Sagrada Familia.



I think that the Sagrada Familia may have been one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen in my whole life. It is truly stunning and totally unique. I have never seen anything like it in my whole life...and recently I have seen a lot of churches so that is really saying something.


We saw the outside our first day in Barcelona but we didn't get a chance to see the inside until a few days later. I thought the outside was stunning but once I saw the inside I was literally amazed.


The stained glass was unlike anything I had ever seen. It was really modern but at the same time it had an ancient quality to it. I was so glad it was a sunny day so that the light was really flowing into the building.



Gaudi is inspiring. The things he was able to come up with are crazy good. Like look at that balcony!!! Most architects would have just made a straight balcony but that is never what Gaudi would do. I think it is amazingly beautiful but I can see why people might find it odd.


Look at the ceiling!!!!

The inside was super great but not mentioning a little something about the exterior would be unacceptable. It is so interesting because it has so many different styles to it. I wish I could have gotten a better picture...but this one will have to do.


And lets be honest, the best part of the whole design was this turtle being crushed by a column....whose idea was that???



No comments:

Post a Comment