Thursday, February 2, 2012

Coriolanus.

Monday was a day of shows. We saw both Coriolanus and then we went to see Wicked that night. They were very different shows but I loved both of them.

The first night we were here we went a forum with Ralph Fiennes and he was talking about this rendition of Coriolanus in which he both directed and starred in. I have been eagerly anticipating going to see the movie because hearing him talk about it was amazing. And the movie went above and beyond what I was expecting. It was one of the best movies I have ever seen. I don't know if my love for the film came from my love of Shakespeare, my love of Ralph Fiennes, my love of Gerard Butler, or a combination of all three. But the movie was to die for (that was a failed attempt at a pun...). Vanessa Redgrave gave a stunning performance of a very complicated character. Jessica Chastain has recently become one of my favorites and this move just added to her wonder.

Fabulous fabulous movie that everyone should see...unless violence bothers you, and in that case probably don't see it....


Wicked was really good. I haven't seen it before and I was really looking forward to it. Elphaba was really great but Glinda was not as good as I was expecting but she was still ok. I really enjoyed the play as a whole even though Ivy wouldn't let me sing along.


Nice set...although I am not sure what the dragon was for...

The take home message from this post is that Shakespeare is better than Wicked. But Wicked is still good.

I am also thinking of doing like a weekly recap in the form of a top 10 list. Good idea? Not a good idea? Have a better idea?

No comments:

Post a Comment