Monday, October 3, 2011

General Conference.

For those of you that don't know, General Conference is a meeting for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. It happens that first weekend of April and of October and it consists of 5 meetings during which the leaders of our church give us counsel on how we can improve our lives. There are two general sessions on Saturday and then a Preisthood session and on Sunday there are two more general sessions. If you are lucky you can sometimes get tickets to go to the Conference Center and listen to it in real life but most of the time we just watch the broadcast on our tv.

I love General Conference. First of all, who doesn't love having church in front of the tv while wearing their pjamas. I know I love it. But more importantly, I love hearing from our prophets and learning things that will help to make me a better person.

 I have heard atleast 2 or 3 talks that I feel were written exactly for me. It really is a testimony builder that I can be concerned about things and then men and women that I have never met will feel inspired to talk about those exact things. How amazing is that???

Listening to President Monson, his counselors and the rest of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles is truly one of the most amazing things. I tend to take it for granted but I really need to work harder at realizing the magnitude of what I am able to experience. I am so lucky that I get to hear from the leaders of our church and I love their messages. They teach such great principles and eternal truths. Oh it is just delicious to my soul. Hooray for Conference!

If you want to learn more about The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints you can visit lds.org or mormon.org. They are both super great resources and you can learn some really awesome stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment