Monday, October 10, 2011

Bill.

I recently watched a movie called "Bill Cunningham New York". Everyone needs to watch it. It was amazing.

It was a documentary of this photographer for the New York Times. He does fashion photography but he only likes to take pictures of people on the street. He also attends parties and takes pictures there but the column that really impressed me was the pictures from off the street. He made some amazing finds and I love it.

Everything he documented was only in a positive light. He did not want to insult anyone he only wanted to praise people for their fashion. That is such an amazing way to look at the world. He really only seemed to look at the positive.  He is so different from all the other photographers and he left such an impression with everyone he encountered...even me, though I haven't ever met him or even seen him in real life I want to be more like Bill.

I won't give anymore of the movie away but I LOVED the movie and everyone should watch it. Even if you don't care about fashion at all it was still a wonderful movie. I am not sure where you can rent it but it is on Netflix if you want to watch it there. It is seriously so good.

My favorite quote from the whole movie was "Fashion is the armour to survive everyday. You can not do away with it. It would be like doing away with civilization".  Love Love Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment