Monday, September 12, 2011

USC.

I just got home from a lovely quick little trip to California to support my Utes. It was such a good time and I definitely needed a quick little vacation.

We left on Thursday night. I was going with a lot of other students on the "Muss Bus". So we were literally riding a bus there. So that was kind of a pain but it was fun nonetheless.


So we drove from about 11 at night to 5 in the morning when out bus decided it would be fun to break down so we could only go about 20 mph...super great.

Random quote from the drive..."it says it takes 5 hours with traffic to get to St. George" "Ya that is what I said, 6 hours"

When you can take a picture this clear out of a moving
bus you are going too slow...
So we finally got to Barstow and our bus went to the mechanic and we got to sit at Mcdonalds.

Home away from home.


We finally got back on the road and got to our hotel around 1.


Which was about exactly two miles away from this






And yes we did walk the two miles to the beach but it was so worth it! We didn't really want to get in the water or anything so we just walked around and stood on the pier for a while and watched some surfers. It was way fun and putting our feet in the water was heavenly.


We had to leave our mark on the beach.
After beaching it up we walked down the boardwalk and found some gems...

The picture does not display the full hilarity of this couple.

Cutest sunglasses ever!!!

A parking meter that takes credit cards?!!?!

And then we found a Fatburger to eat at. It was so delicious!


That night Ellie was a little too excited about the game and had to sleep with her Utah Snuggie, even though it made her look like a midget...



But I don't blame her because "it was like Ice Age 4 in our room". And when she woke up she gave us the best quote of the whole trip "It is so fetchin cold in here! Holy Canasta!!!". I think I laughed about that for about 15 minutes.

Game Day!!!


It took us like forever and a half to get ready on the morning of the game but it was still super exciting/nerve wracking.

Tailgating at the Coliseum is like its own sport.
And Sica made a super awesome sign.  Although I thought my suggestion of "Is your face ugly? Yes, you go to USC" was a better option...



We got off the bus and wandered around the maze of tailgates for like 20 minutes until we were able to find the Utah one.


We saw our band walking down the street and about a million USC fans. I don't think I have ever seen that many people in one place at the same time. It was craziness.

The Utah tailgate was like the nicest tailgate in the history of forever. It was super fancy. I was expecting hot dogs and instead we got this...




The whole atmosphere was just great and I was really surprised at how many Utah fans there were.



So pumped for the game!!!

And now we were off the the stadium to find our seats!



Who has escalators on the outside of the stadium???

Walking into the Coliseum was one of the most intimidating things ever. It is huge and loud and pretty historic. It was amazing.

Almost there....

Ta Da.
I wish the pictures could accurately describe the enormity of this this place. It was so huge it was unbelievable.

Let the traditions begin...

The "trojan" on the field.

"The Spirit of Troy" aka the lamest name for a band ever.

Floyover to honor 9-11

Coin Toss. The Utes are in white.
Let the game begin!!!
I was nervous the whole entire game. I was so worried that my Utes would go out there and just fall apart against a USC team that everyone thinks is totally amazing. But I was so proud of my boys. The offense was able to move the ball (thank you Jordan for throwing to the receivers hands instead of their feet). And the defense did a phenomenal job at containing the Trojans offense.

Touchdown for the Utes!!!!!

At the beginning of the 4th quarter some random torch just lit up. No one even really noticed...


The Utes hung with the Trojans the whole game even though they were fighting from behind the whole time. The last 2 minutes were some of the most stressful minutes I have ever had in my life...I think I lost 10 years from my life due to that game. But in the end we were down 14-17 and we were kicking a field goal that was blocked and then the trojans ran it back for a touchdown. It was such a disappointing way to lose but I was still so proud of my Utes. They played so well and really worked hard. If they can continue to play this way for the rest of the season we could have a great season. Go Utes!!!

Best 4 dollar hot dog I have ever had. I had to
buy it to comfort myself after the loss but it was
literally the best purchase I made the whole trip.

Once we got back to the hotel I had to wash all the red out of my hair and off my face...it kinda looked like we killed someone in the bathtub...



On the way home me and Sica were so bored that we were ready to pull our hair out when we realized that we had the opposite color of everything and we found it quite hilarious.



We also came up with some great quotes like "the little baby pegasuses" and the hand motion that goes with it haha.

It was a wonderful weekend and I was so glad that I got to go to the game even though we lost. It was just a fantastic experience and I hope I will be able to go back again someday. Go Utes!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment