Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Utah Football.

I LOVE Utah football. I go to every game and I can not wait to have my wedding reception at Rice Eccles stadium (not that I will be getting married anytime soon...but a girl can dream). Last season was so much fun and I can not wait for the coming season. Hooray for the Pac-12!!! It is going to be so exciting and wonderful. With all these recent Pac-12 gatherings and press conferences I couldn't help but reflect on last season.

It all began on a dark morning....well technically this was more than halfway through the season and we were undefeated at this point, but this is where it really got exciting.


Woke up at 5 to go to ESPN College Game Day, prior to the
TCU game.  The lovely stadium.

Screen so we could see what they were showing on TV.

Stage where the guys sat and talked about everything sports related.

Amazing sign. It was a a blackout for the game that day....
which explains the sign....

My dad was even on tv!!!
 If you can not tell from my dad's face in that picture the Utes did not play very well against TCU and we ended up getting our first defeat of the season...and it was a bad one. But I will give the credit to TCU. They played amazingly and went on to best Wisconsin in the Rose Bowl so I can't complain too much.

Now onto the most important game of the season.....the BYU game. In case you live under a rock, BYU and Utah are bitter rivals. Like I really don't like anyone that goes to BYU (Just Kidding! A lot of my close friends got to BYU) But every year it is a super intense game and most of the time it ends up being super close. Luckily this year it was at Rice Eccles so I got to go. And believe me, sitting in the MUSS (Mighty Utah Student Section) during the BYU game is quite the experience.


Adam was in town and so he got to come to the game
with me and Casey. Doesn't he look so cute?
 
Final Score!!!

Celebration.
Luckily my Utes pulled off the win. It was pretty close the whole game and in the final seconds BYU was getting ready to kick a field goal from about the 30 yard line and Utah was only up by 1. So if BYU made the kick they won the game. It was too much stress for me!!! Just as the BYU kicker lines up to kick the ball Brandon Burton comes running out of nowhere and blocked the kick. It was the most AMAZING thing that I have ever seen. The whole stadium was in shock for a few seconds after but then it erupted...well except for the BYU sections haha. It was so great and so much fun to win!!!

Side note: A few weeks later I got introduced to Brandon Burton and I was like in total shock and I was so nervous so the first words out of my mouth were "I pretty much peed my pants when you blocked that kick." Wow Anna...please say something more embarrassing to the coolest person on the planet. Luckily he was cool about it and just laughed and said " oh ya, I did too". So then we bonded which was good. Such a cool guy!!!

I can not wait for the 2011 season to start. Being in the Pac-12 is going to give us so many benefits and we will get to play against some great teams. It should be really exciting. LOVE it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment