Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Staycation.

Warning. This may be the longest post ever.

I will admit that the idea of a staycation has never really appealed to me and I didn't think this one would be very fun especially since Taft wasn't here. I just thought it would be boring and unexciting but I was definitely wrong. I had such a good time and I think the rest of my family did too.

Park City was super fun. We went shopping and I got some super cute new clothes, new boots (because the middle of summer is an obvious time to buy boots...) and an amazing bag.

You don't get the full understanding of it but it is super cute!

I also found a super awesome ring. But don't worry, I didn't buy it.

If you don't know whose ring this is a copy of then I am sad for you.

Me and Kasey made friendship bracelets with a whole bunch of 10 year olds. They thought we were really weird. And the saddest part is that they were way better at me at making the bracelets.


We went to the Rocky Mountain Chocolate store like everyday and got caramel apples. So AMAZING!!! I love them so much I could eat them all day. Plus they are healthy because they are apples, Right?
On the way to the store Maisie had to stop and pose by the animal statues.


She is such a little model.
We also went a bookstore that has the most amazing books. They are so beautiful. We have been to bookstore before and I fell in love with the wonderful copy of "Tess of the D'ubervilles". Lucky I have a super awesome mom and she found me a copy. Love you mom.


 
We also went to a cute little ice cream shop that had a cow theme. They had like a billion stuffed animals and the ice cream was sooooo good.


Even the ceiling was cow themed.

One day Kasey, Eric, and I went on the town lift.



Skinny steep roads in park city

The view was well worth the 11 dollar fee.

I think Tuesday may have been my favorite day of the whole trip. We went on a rafting trip in the morning and then the Park City Mountain Resort in the afternoon. The rafting trip was way more fun than I anticipated. It was pretty easy going but super fun. The most interesting part was that there was this bridge and the bottom of the bridge was literally two feet above the water. So we all had to lay down in our rafts to avoid hitting our heads. It was really crazy! Park City Mountain Resort is so much fun. They have the Alpine Slide, Alpine Coaster, and a zip line, My Grandpa is so great and bought us all unlimited passes. It was literally one of the funnest things I have ever done. It was so fun to do it for myself but also great to just see everyone so happy and all the little kids just enjoying themselves.

Connor was so excited to be around all his cousins and I loved spending more time with him.


Such a cutie pie
Wednesday was my great grandpa's 98th birthday. It is so amazing to me that he is 98 years old. He was born in 1913. That is so crazy!!! He is such a wonderful man and so hardworking. I am so proud to be his great grand-daughter. We also took a family picture and it is hilarious trying to get all 30+ people together for a picture.

Thursday was also so much fun. We went boating all day! I haven't been boating in such a long time and I enjoy it so much. My grandpa rented jet skis and they are probably the greatest invention on the earth. I am usually such a baby when it comes to things like that but I was having so much fun and going super fast. Love it!!! Tubing with Kasey and Katie was so hilarious. I loved watching them try to hold on and screaming the whole time.  I am also super proud of myself because I backed the boat trailer into the water so we could load the boat. That may not seem like a big deal to most people but it was a big accomplishment for me.

Friday we went to Laser Quest and out to dinner. Everytime I go to dinner with my family I am shocked at how loud we are. It is good that they always give us our own private room because we are out of control. So many little kids everywhere. I am surprised that anyone is able to handle us. After we went to get ice cream and realized some interesting things about certain family members and their trees haha.
(sorry for the inside joke)
 Maisie was very sad when we had to go home. She thought that we had moved to Park City forever. She also got really mad at my mom when she thought we had left all her clothes in Park City. Such a drama queen.


(sorry for the lack of pictures in this section. I ditched my phone for most of those activities)

Monday we went to the Kennecot Copper Mine and to Bouncin off the Walls. Going to the Cooper Mine was actually way more interesting than I anticipated. I learned a lot of interesting things and it was really cool to see the mine.






That tiny little white thing is a full size pick up truck.
Those mining trucks are HUGE!!!


I LOVE this picture Zach took of me and Poppy.

Bouncin off the walls was probably the best thing ever.

We had the whole room to ourselves. Which was good
because we are CRAZY!
 I think everyone had so much fun. All the adults were totally into it. Especially Katie who was being "the mean kid" and pushing everyone else down the slide. The most hilarious part was when she pulled jodi down the slide by her leg. It was such a great time!

There were quite a few collisions.

Maisie was so cute going down the slides and such.
The grand finale was Kasey jumping on the slide, doing
a toe touch, and then a flip. She is so talented haha.
 We all had tons of fun but everyone came home with battle wounds.



Tuesday everyone went to Cowabunga Bay but I had to work so (not) sadly I had to miss out on that great event.

The last day of the staycation was going to the zoo. I love the zoo so I was super excited and I especially love it when I get to see little children's reactions to the animals and stuff.

Today was the baby elephant's birthday and so there were like a million people there. But it was cute to see her do some cute tricks.



We also went to the bird show which is always fun and interesting.


Bald Eagle. According to Katie they couldn't let it fly
or it would peck your eyes out haha.

Weirdest bird I have ever seen. It was huge and
scary and probably mean.
Ostriches are weird.
The giraffe loved us.

Maisie made friends with a monkey.

One cool thing they have at the zoo are all these robotic dinosaurs. They were really cool and seemed really life like....not that I know what is life like when it comes to a dinosaur. They moved and made noises and some of them even squirted water. They were really cool.





I had to tell maisie that the T-rex would eat her in order to
get her to move on.
The kids all loved the merry-go-round.





We all had a really good time at the zoo. It was a great day and the staycation was super fun as a whole. I love my family and I am so grateful that I got to spend so much time with them. Thanks Nan and Grandpa for taking us on this lovely staycation!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment