Friday, August 12, 2011

Confessions.

Some random confessions I have thought about today and wanted you to know.

1. I have an obsession with nail polish. Like it is getting out of hand. In the past three weeks I have bought at least 7 new colors. Ridiculous. And I repaint my nails at least every three days. Even when it still looks perfect. I just think that nail polish makes an outfit look so much better...even when my outfits don't look that great to begin with.


Just a portion of my collection.

2. Speaking of outfits...I get mad at people when they are dressed cuter than me (which happens most of the time because as much as I long to be a J. Crew model I neither have the body nor the money to dress like that all the time.) It just makes me mad that I can't look like that. I also get mad at people that have perfect hair. Like just stop it. Some of us try desperately to get our hair to grow but it insists on staying the same length for like 4 years! The perfect example of this is Lauren, I am mad at her like every time I see her. She has the cutest clothes I have ever seen and her hair is to die for. If I could pull off her hair I might actually try something adventurous with my hair. And I wish I had a picture of her lovely style to post. (I hope you are glad I mentioned you again on my blog.)

3. I have yet to take everything out of my suitcase from Zambia. I know that is really weird and crazy but I just don't have enough room for all of my souvenirs. I took out all the important things, don't worry. It is just things that don't quite have a home yet. I promise I will get around to it eventually.


Suitcase covered with my beautiful African fabric.

4. I am like the ultimate blog stalker. I look at a lot (and I mean a LOT!) of blogs of people I don't even know and I love it. I just like the read about other people and see how their lives differ from mine. I hope that someday someone will read my blog and like to read it....but I don't let my hopes get too high.


5. I visit People magazine online at least twice a day. Like I bet you didn't know that Tina Fey had a baby and named her Penelope Athena. I am obsessed with celebrities and their lives. I think it comes from the same part of me that likes to read blogs. I just like to know about other people and their lives. And sometime I am partially convinced that someday I will marry someone famous and maybe I will be on that website. But I know that it is all a fantasy and I truly would never want to be famous. Too much pressure.  I know, I'm weird.

6. I miss my missionary friends more than I can even express. I think about them literally every day. I had a million things I want to tell them and I just want to hear their voices and see their faces. They are some of my closest friends and I really never imagined my life without them. I know they will be home sooner than I expect but that doesn't seem soon enough. They are doing the right thing so I am happy for them but at the same time my heart hurts.

7. The thing I most miss from the robbery is my passport. Although I probably wouldn't be thinking about it at all I am thinking about it all the time now that it is missing. It has been the one thing that traveled the world with me. It could take me anywhere I wanted to go and now it is gone. I can always get a new one but a new one will never be able to replace the one I had.

No comments:

Post a Comment