Tuesday, May 31, 2011

For Good.

(Warning: this post is going to be extremely long and rambling so if you don't have the time and/or don't care about reading a super long post, don't start reading it)

I have now said goodbye to two of my best friends for two years. My heart hurts just saying those words.  These boys are two of the most wonderful human beings on this planet and I am so grateful that I got to be friends with them. They will be fabulous missionaries. But the whole idea of sending 19 year old boys off on missions just shows that us Mormons are crazy folk. I do not know of anywhere besides Utah where it is seems normal for a 19 year old boy to postpone college and many other things to leave his family and go to a random place in the world and try to spread the Gospel for two years.  Such a weird concept...but I know that is divinely inspired and is so beneficial to those boys and the world in general.

I read someone facebook status recently that said "Music is what feelings sound like" (who knew such wise words could come from facebook?) and right now I agree with the quote 1000% (yes that extra 0 was added on purpose).  While driving home from bidding my cousin adieu and bawling my eyes out the song "For Good" from Wicked came on my ipod (the Glee version of course) the words were brilliant and only added to the tears.

 I've heard it said
That people come into our lives for a reason
Bringing something we must learn
And we are led
To those who help us most to grow
If we let them
And we help them in return
Well, I don't know if I believe that's true
But I know I'm who I am today
Because I knew you

Like a comet pulled from orbit
As it passes a sun
Like a stream that meets a boulder
Halfway through the wood
Who can say if I've been changed for the better?
But because I knew you
I have been changed for good

 It well may be
That we will never meet again
In this lifetime
So let me say before we part
So much of me
Is made of what I learned from you
You'll be with me
Like a handprint on my heart
And now whatever way our stories end
I know you have re-written mine
By being my friend...

Like a ship blown from its mooring
By a wind off the sea
Like a seed dropped by a skybird
In a distant wood
Who can say if I've been changed for the better?
But because I knew you

 Who can say if I've been
Changed for the better?
I do believe I have been
Changed for the better

I have cut out some of the words because no one wants to read the whole song when they can just listen to it here! And the RED words are the ones that really set me over the edge.


This song perfectly described the emotions I was feeling.  Both of those amazing young men have made my life so much better and they have changed me...but only in good ways.

The next lovely song that came on my ipod was "Mountain and the Sea" by Ingrid Michaelson. Now I always love me some Ingrid but this was yet again the perfect song.

But then one day you'll go away, but I will too
But until then, oh my darling friend, well I will hold
Yes I will hold, yes I will hold
Yes I will hold on to you
Oh Ingrid! Why must your lyrics be so inspiring. She is almost as good as Kate Nash when it comes to writing songs that fit my every mood.

Now onto the last song that fits me. "The world spins madly on" by The Weepies.  If you have not heard of the Weepies shame on you. They are fabulous.

I thought of you and where you'd gone
And the world spins madly on.

The world is spinning madly on and yet I don't want it to keep going. I want everything to stay just like it always has been.   I want to keep those boys here with me.  And I know that is totally selfish and I don't really want them to stay but if I could just have a bit more time.

Good luck Elder Anderson and Elder Turner.  You both have some wonderful adventures waiting for you.  I already miss you dearly and will be here patiently waiting for your triumphant returns.

Here is a picture of those wonderful boys...and
I wish that was me in the middle but it is
the lovely Cheyenne



No comments:

Post a Comment